Monday, September 17, 2012

How hard can it be? Cake edition.

I can't make cakes. I can bake the best bread in the world. I can cook rather fancy meals that would impress most people. But I can't make cakes.

It's not something I'm embarrassed over. Obviously not, since I write this article. But it annoys me. It's something that really should be simple. I mean, if old women can do it, why can't I? How hard can it be?


Well, read on to find out...

This happened last weekend. Girlfriend wanted cake and was too lazy to make it herself. I had one of those ready to bake mixes, where you just add water and oil, mix it together and put it in the oven. Even I can't screw up something that simple, right?

Looking back at it, this may be where it all went wrong...
Or maybe it was here...
At this point it actually looks promising.
Then it all comes crumbling down...
Oh well, better add the topping anyway. 

I don't think girlfriend cared too much, cake is apparently cake. But I'm not satisfied.

No comments: